Pages

Saturday 9 November 2013

PHYSICS COMICS: SAVING MR. ELECTRON


Photon comes to rescue his pal electron who has been stuck to a metal.

Photon: Hey, hey, where are you pal?


moving at an incredible velocity of 0.3 Billion Meters per Second


Electron: stop! You just passed me like 2 seconds ago. How won't you fly past me at this speed of yours.

Photon, now about 7 billion meters from his friend, stops and flew to him

Electron: Hey mehn, please don't laugh at me, this proton guy won't just let me out. He keeps attracting me into his Electron cloud.

Photon: okay, just let me get you out of here.

Electron: So how are you gonna do that? You're a wave remember? Just find a way to heat this metal, i'll find a way out by what my family call Thermal Emission. 

Photon: ehm! Sorry i didn't tell you about this: but i think i have this dual personality disorder- it runs in my family. I can also be a particle.

Electron: ?!... Weird

Photon: So all I've got to do is to get your threshold frequency so i can knock you off that metal by Photoelectric Emission.

Electron: my threshold what? Damn! I wish i listened when dad was telling me about this. I can't remember dude but i think you gotta help me please!

Photon: Okay. I'll try my best.

Photon tried different frequencies till he was able to get the right one to get his friend of the metal surface

Electron: Thanks Mehn! I love this Your Split Identity thing. I wanna be like you.

Photon: No you don't, trust me. At least you are sure who you are.
(Both laughs)

--THE END--

Note:
YOU ARE FREE TO SHARE, BUT PLEASE DON'T COPY!
To fully understand this joke, you should just understand the basics of the following topics:
1. Wave Particle duality of Light (will be on this page soon.)
2. Photoelectric emission, Thermal Emission and threshold frequency.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment